May 14, 2012

Osh & El Adventure Day!

Wednesday, May 9, 2012 hubby and I spent the entire day together celebrating our three year wedding anniversary. He had suggested going out of town for a few days but I'm not ready to leave Emma behind. I think I will be ok once she is walking and talking so then she can fill me in when I'm back. Ha! I wanted to do something different, local and just for a day. I agreed for Osh to do the planning as always because he is just the man when it comes to that.

I wore a flowly flower comfortable dress with flip flops since we were going to be walking a lot. Osh suggested I wear sneakers to be comfortable but c'mon who wears sneakers with a flower dress?! 

It was our first time taking the train. We left our place and walked to the station in Burbank Downtown.  Oh but first, we had to do our ritual of grabbing a Starbucks coffee for me!






By the time we got to the train station, I had already gotten a blister on my toe and I was in pain. I can hear Osh saying "I told you so." which he ended up saying eventually.

Nonetheless, the train ride was so much fun!

Our stop was the Union Station, Downtown!


It does not sound glamorous but there is so much art and culture around and it's just like getting into a different world. We walked around everywhere with my blister but I didn't want to rain on his parade so I kept mum about it in the beginning. He had done such a good job planning this day for us, I just didn't want to kill it...



By 12 noon we were starving, so we grabbed a hotdog wrapped in bacon. It was my first time trying it and it was so yummy with grilled onions too. 

I was getting pretty cranky though because of my blister and the walking made it worse but I just refused to take a cab back to Union Station because it would have defeated our adventure day! I was starting to vocalize my pain haha.

We went to Walt Disney Music Center which was so beautiful and took some pics there! 



At this point, I started crying all the way back to Union Station but not without buying something first. We got me a really cool hat! By the time we got back to the station, I was like a little baby complaining. Osh, as always being so understanding and patient with me tried to cheer me up while the whole time I was saying "I'd come back to the Union Station for a photoshoot. That would be a lovely thing to do! While crying in between! What a baby huh? LOL Sometimes I don't know how he puts up with me but I love him for being my rock!

We got back on the train and headed back to Burbank. We went to a nice sushi dinner and laughed about our day and my blister. Keep in mind I'm still walking back home, which I did. 

What a day! I'll never forget our 3 year anniversary :) Even though I was in pain, looking back I'm so happy we did what we did. We created a lot of memories and firsts. 

Even though our adventure was just for a day, the next few days he surprised me with the coolest gifts, flowers and other treats ;)

I love my hubby like a guy loves ESPN.

So grateful for my hubster.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.

1 Cor 13:4-8



xo
El


No comments:

Post a Comment