May 07, 2012

Becoming a Mom

I will be celebrating my very first Mother's Day this Sunday, May 13, 2012. I am so excited to finally join in with all the wonderful moms in celebrating the joy of being a mom.

It took me almost a year to become the mom I had envisioned me to be. I was not a natural at it at all. Sure, I got the "mom" title as soon as Emma came into the world but it took me sleepless nights, tears, frustration and selflessness into my journey of becoming a mom,  wild at heart.

There is no greater joy then to have little arms around my neck, little whispers, and a daughter who keeps calling for me "mama." It's the sweetest feeling, and the best form of unconditional and unfailing love.

I hope along with my wonderful husband who is an amazing father, to raise Emma in the ways of the Lord.


As for me and my mother, I am blessed with a wonderful mom who has been an amazing rock in my life. One who I can go to with anything and she can just somehow make all things better and right.

Your arms were always open when I needed a hug. Your heart understood when I needed a friend. Your gentle eyes were stern when I needed a lesson. Your strength and love has guided me and gave me wings to fly.


No comments:

Post a Comment