May 15, 2012

My First Mother's Day!

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.  They have clung to me all my life.  ~Abraham Lincoln

It seems like all I ever heard my mom say to me growing up is "You'll understand when you're a mom." That day finally arrived and now I truly get it. What it means to be responsible for another human being. The love and nurture and the bond shared. The feeling of having my heart walking outside of my body every time I look at Emma.

I can't believe she is mine.

This mother's day, I celebrated my very first mother's day! 

I woke up not to my alarm clock but a surprise gift from hubby right next to my bed.


He knows me well.

After I got up, I walked across the room to to this smiling sunshine! The greatest gift of all. My precious gift from God. So blessed and proud to be her mommy.
As usual, we got dressed and went to church with the fam bam. The coolest part of church was when the pastor asked for all the moms to stand up and this time I could part take in the honor. It was such a good feeling. I'm happy to join all the wonderful mommies celebrating the joys of motherhood together. 

Aftewards, we had planned to go over to my parents for lunch. Little did I know, they had planned a surprise mother's day and Emma's early 1st Birthday party with Dora decorations all over. I was really surprised to walk in and see my aunts, uncles, and cousins and my in laws!

So grateful for my parents and their kindness. They always know how to put a smile on my face and make things happen for me. 

I also got a very special gift from my mother in law representing me, osh and little Emma.  




This mother's day also marked the first G-ma day for both my mom and my mother in law, Emma being the first grandchild for both fams. 

 We had such a wonderful time together. 

Thanks to my hubby and family for making it so special for me and Emma.  

xo

El 

1 comment:

  1. Motherhood is an extraordinary feeling that words just can't explain. The love of a mother is so unique as well. I am i happy to see that you had such a blessed and great 1st mother's day! I gotta add YOU ARE A GORGEOUS MOMMY!! Inside and out, more than any super star out there! ;o)

    ReplyDelete