May 03, 2012

Babe Tip #64

I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances - Philippians 4:11

When I was single all I wanted to do was to have a boyfriend and then I thought I'd be happy. Then I got a boyfriend and I was happy for a few months and then I thought, I'd be happy once we're engaged. We got engaged and I was happy for awhile until I thought, I'd be happy once we're married. We got married and then the pursuit of happiness never ends. When I was working and pregnant, all I wanted to do was go on maternity leave so I could be happy not working. Then I had Emma and I was home for a couple of months and I missed work and I thought I'd be happy if I go back to work. I came back a month before my planned return and I was happy for a few months until I started missing Emma and now I'm thinking I'd be happy if I could be a stay at home mom. You get the picture? It's like a vicious circle if we don't CHOOSE to be happy and content we will never be once we're there. It will be a temporary high. I have come to the conclusion of such is life and only true happiness comes living a fulfilling life and being content through all circumstances and seasons of life.  This is why I LOVE MY LIFE. It's not perfect and I don't have EVERYTHING but I love everything about it!



As a married woman, I'd tell the singles if you're not happy right now, and with the entire journey, you will never be happy when you get to your destination.

A happy marriage is made up of two happy and whole individuals. One can only add to their spouse's happiness but they can't be responsible for all of it. Does that make sense?


This is also true when it comes to work and everything  else. People dread Mondays and the entire week looking forward to the weekend and then their unhappy and dreading it again on Monday. I hate living life like that. I like to enjoy it every day or else it's such a waste. This doesn't mean that things don't come up or things "happen" in my favor all the time to keep my "happy". You know that's what happiness is. As long as things are "happening" the way we like them to then we are "happy." and that's why it's short lived. But Joy is regardless of what's "happening" we are happy on the inside.

I've never met a miserable, negative person who is happily married. Happiness is a choice and it's your own responsibility. Don't blame anyone else for it , or hold anyone accountable for your happiness, and don't go pulling the record from the past listing reasons why you're not. We don't live in the past anymore. Things might have happened that weren't right but that doesn't give us the insurance to act and behave wrong for the rest of our lives and holding someone else responsible for it, and asking them to pay for someone's consequences.




 EC

No comments:

Post a Comment